Thursday, February 21, 2008

You didn't hear this from me...

Angie desires “Into the Woods” to be a co-authored venture. I will make the effort to participate and lend the occasional opinion, however it makes me a tad nervous. Deniability and publishing do not go hand-in-hand. By nature, I tend to make definitive statements before solidifying my supporting argument. Subsequently, as holes in my reasoning are uncovered, I become filled with regret (and embarrassment) for making the statement in the first place. Those feelings do not lend to building my self-confidence.

So why make such statements on a family blog? Flair, spice, entertainment – take your pick. I am doing this for you, the reader (and for Angie). So on occasion, hopefully I'll write something worth reading, worth thinking about and worth commenting on. If your comments create the aforementioned feelings within me, I'll promptly delete the post and deny its existence.

-Matt

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Hey - it's Meredith (I don't have my name on our blog). This is sure to be an excellent joint venture. You guys are both good writers and I'm looking forward to reading the musings of such geniuses.

Matt and Angie Wood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley & Josh Jones said...

I'm so proud of Matt. You only have two post and one is from Matt. Josh and I have tons of post but non were written by Josh. I'll have to make sure he knows that guys do blog too.

Aggie said...

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!

Aggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda & Brian said...

Yay!!! A blog. That's so great....

Matt your post gave me a good chuckle and made me think of some of the comments you used to make growing up. I didn't realize you were such a good writer. (Not that by any means that was what you consider good writing. I just don't think I've ever read anything you've written other than the occasional e-mail.)

Brian and I are both excited that you are entering the blogging world together. Can't wait to see you next weekend. We'll have to find something fun to do.

Amanda & Brian said...

My last comment didn't come out right. Man I'm having trouble with the written word today. I meant to say that you are a good writer.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the blog will be just great. It will be a great way to always stay on top of what you two and Barrett (Is that the right spelling?) will be up to. Can't wait to read all about it. Love the name, too.