Thursday, July 17, 2008

Like Father Like Son

We've discovered that Barrett, like his father, knows a hot beat when he hears it. I put two and two together today...he's long been a fan of listening to "My Humps" with dad, and yesterday another piece of the puzzle fell into place when, during a record breaking crying spell, he stopped only long enough to hear the intro to "Run's House."

So about an hour ago we hopped on itunes together, and it's amazing - he's calm for hot beats, and fusses over boring songs. As I type, he's on my lap, absolutely fast asleep with hip hop music blaring at near club volume.

Our lullaby playlist includes:
Jay-Z, Dirt off your Shoulder
Justin Timberlake, Summer Love
Paperboy, Ditty
P.Diddy, Mo Money Mo Problems
...and of course - Run DMC, Run's House

Despite his love of old school hip hop, he does NOT care for Run DMC's "It's Tricky." Don't even try to sneak it in there.

-Angie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you claim that Paperboy song is a classic, I've never met anyone else besides you (and maybe Courtney) who has heard of it.

BL said...

Oh my GOSH. Papah Boy anthu DIDDY. LOVE IT.
Meredith

TB said...

what does of he think of the plutos (out on a limb, bare skin rug, kelsey grammar, etc.)?

Ashleigh Carroll said...

I am totally picturing you calmly soothing him with whispers of, "Ladies is pimps too, go and brush your shoulders off"

Love it.

Matt and Angie Wood said...

i love that you chose that specific lyric - I actually sing to him: "if you're feeling like a pimp, Barrett, come on brush your shoulders off. Mommies is pimps too, come on brush your shoulders off"

angie

Unknown said...

Um....LOVE that you have changed the words to incorporate your names into brush your shoulders off. And Paperboy is an absolute classic. I think it was on every mixed CD I made there for a time. :)

John and Sarah said...

That is absolutely hilarious!