Friday, May 15, 2009

Hershel

Barrett is (pretty much) walking! Matt has taken to calling him Hershel. I've been trying like crazy to get it on camera, but he's never been one to perform on cue. So far I can only capture him taking 5 or 6 steps at a time and then falling on his tush. I know that's still pretty good, but I'm trying to get a shot of him making it to where he's going before I post a video.

He also really loves to weave around the dining room table and chairs and have me chase him. He finds this game VERY exciting (as you can see), and it's incredibly cute.

9 comments:

Amanda & Brian said...

Love it! I we lived closer!!! I hate that I don't get to see him grow up live and in person. Give my nephew a big hug from Aunt Mandy and Uncle Brian. We are so proud of him!!! :)

Aggie said...

I should caution Matt when calling him Hershel for two reasons:

1) Everyone on my Dad's side of the family calls my Dad "Tony" for some inexplicable reason, and it leads to mass confusion/chaos when other people hear it.

2) Most folks will associate "Hershel" with Hershel Walker, known for his illustrious career as a Dallas Cowboy, aka God's team and the Eagle's arch-nemesis.

Matt and Angie Wood said...

You know that Hershel Walker is the reason for calling him "Hershel" in the first place, right? What with Barrett being a "walker" now.

mattwood said...

hershel walker played for the eagles from 92-94.

Aggie said...

I'm humiliated

Aggie said...

but in my defense, I wasn't expecting that grade of humor on this blog

Amanda & Brian said...

Justin - Our dad also has a nickname of Skip from his childhood and everyone in the family calls him Skip instead of Brian. It really threw my husband for a loop the first time he heard it.

Matt and Angie Wood said...

ouch. harsh defensive strike. but while you may not have come to expect humor here on Into the Woods, you should expect coherence. The "Hershel" component of the post would be entirely incongruous with the "walker" component unless we were referring to the football player.

Aggie said...

you misunderstood. I'm saying that I didnt expect puns on this blog. 'Twas a compliment