Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!!

Today my handsome and wonderful husband is 25! In an attempt to shower him with birthday love both publicly and privately, I've decided to share some of my favorite things about my Matty here on the blog. In no particular order, the first things that come to mind include...

1. His quick wit
2. The fact that he laughs out loud when something is funny on television
3. The way he likes to show me the book he is reading to let me see how many pages he has read since the last time he showed me.
4. His professed fear of giraffes, which we can only assume stems from this early incident -

5. That after he has been surprised or scared by something unexpected, he gets a sour look on his face and says, "I didn't like that."
6. His abilities in the kitchen - namely omelettes (though he's great with all breakfast foods) and sliders.
7. His goodness and integrity. I mean by "integrity" more than just a moral soundness, but the notion of being in a consistent and genuine state - an integrity of self - being the same person all the time and in all situations. There is nothing false or misleading about him.
8. The fact that he LOVES the movie, A League of Their Own, and knows pretty much every line.
9. The heart he has for the kids on his baseball team
10. His super manly voice and facial hair

And on and on and on. Happy Birthday Matt!!

-Angie

4 comments:

Aggie said...

Great post! Good to know Angie is still making lists.

Happy b-day mattwood

John and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Matt!

Little Lamb said...

Happy Birthday Matt! Hope your Bday is Super Special:)
Great List Angie, the giraffe thing is hilarious!

Amanda & Brian said...

Aww...good list, Angie! So thoughtful and creative! You've inspired me to make my own list. :)

1) Matt is trusting. As kids when I told him if his jeans were too tight he would die he refused to wear the brand new ones my mom bought him and did not wear jeans for many years after that.
2) Matt's "What would you do if...?" questions. Like the time when he came up to me when we were watching t.v. one night and said, "What would you do if you were sitting on a park bench in the dark and someone came up to you and did this (strange monkey dance)? Matt's follow up..."Then what would you do?"
3) That in junior high Matt had one of the most popular rap sites in existence even though he was a pale white boy.
4) That Matt loves to share everything with you.
5) Matt is helpful. He let me borrow is giraffe haiku shirt to teach a fourth grade writing lesson, he helped me move apartments, and he let me live in his apartment one summer.
6) That Matt loves his organized leg hair, but has a very strong dislike for his Adam's apple and eyebrows.
7) That Matt spent summers watching 90210 with me. :)
8) Matt's cat-like moves.
9) That he already loves his son with all of his heart.
10) He's my little brother!!! What's not to love about that?! :) Happy Birthday, Matt!