Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Tour

My semester officially ended on Wednesday when I posted final grades! And though the last few days have been one kick in the pants after another with angry emails from disgruntled students, I have actually managed to get quite a bit accomplished on the house. So, as promised, I have some more pictures so that you can all watch in amazement how slowly we manage to get things in order around here.

The Backyard -
Matt gets every last bit of credit for this. It's still a work in progress, but parts of it are starting to look nice.


This picture does not show what an overwhelming undertaking that flower bed was. It was an entire afternoon of intensive labor for Matt - and four tiny shrubs to show for it - but they'll grow (we're told)!
And a really pretty flower that just bloomed this week. It's gorgeous - even Charlie likes to look at it.
The Nursery -
Here's the crib, and the painting that Mandy created for Barrett - we love it!


These curtains were my big project - I couldn't find matching ones so I made these, and I was pretty pleased with how well they coordinate with the bedding.



The Living Room



Front family room - believe it or not, this is tremendous progress. We FINALLY have the hardwood IN our house. It has yet to be installed of course, but we're told that will happen next Wednesday. Fingers crossed.


Downstairs guest bathroom


Upstairs guest bath - another huge undertaking. It took me a month to peel all the wallpaper down, and I finally got it painted and got some stuff in there. Ready for all the new grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends to come stay!

And our bathroom

That's the tour for now. Hopefully my future posts will be more frequent and thought provoking now that I'm done with school for a while.

-Angie

6 comments:

Amanda & Brian said...

It looks so great, Angie. And Matt...you really did do some back breaking work in that backyard!!! Angie...I admire you for stripping down that wallpaper...I had to do that one time and my hope is that I never have to do it again. I can't wait to see it all in person.

Meredith said...

Ang! I'm so glad I saw the house yesterday - it is super cute. I'm jealous of your yard. You'll have to let me know how your meeting went this morning...
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Angie and Matt, the house (inside and out) is looking fantastic. It looks so cozy, and Barrett's room is really cute. I can't wait to see it in person!

Unknown said...

Your house is adorable. I hope we can see it sometime soon!

John and Sarah said...

I love your house!!!! It looks awesome!! I didnt even know it was the same bathroom as the first time I saw it. Good job with the wallpaper!!

Unknown said...

Angie, your house looks amazing! You guys have done an awesome job and Barrett's room is precious! Hope you guys are doing well!