Monday, August 17, 2009

Mad Men

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the best show on TV - the Season 3 premiere of Mad Men aired last night, and Matt and I were so excited that we decided to make a day of it.

We tried to adhere to the show as closely as possible within reason. We dressed in early 60's attire and ate 3 home cooked meals at a table that was actually set (I made pot roast for dinner, which was accompanied by "fine beer from Holland"). We did not, however, smoke cigarettes in bed, have affairs, set Barrett in front of the TV all day, or let him play with the dry cleaning bags. Some pictures from our day...

Fresh pancakes for Matt before church
Dressed for church - this was actually moderately embarassing at our church, the Village. We were by FAR the most dressed up people there, and my hair was flipped out like Peggy's.
Looking like a secretary. I didn't have the skills (or the bod) to make myself look like Joan.

Whipping up some lunch

The boys in their weekend wear - notice Matt's awesomely slicked back hair

Just mowing the lawn in khakis

The episode itself was fantastic. A little racy as far as the show usually goes (dang, Sal!), but thoroughly enjoyable - if you aren't watching it yet, I highly recommend you begin with season one and get yourself caught up.

9 comments:

clg said...

i love everything about this post!

Amanda & Brian said...

This is fabulous! What fun!!! I am so depressed b/c I haven't finished season 1. If only I got a gift card for iTunes so I could download the whole season on our Apple TV. Maybe someone will think of that for my birthday. lol (Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge.) ;)

Seriously though...I think this is too cute of y'all.

Little Lamb said...

Ummmmmm, why didn't your neighbors know about this!?!?!?! y'all are awesome, love it

Mike said...

First of all, hilarious. Secondly, I haven't ever watched the show, but now I intend to.

Mary Ellen Wood said...

LOVE IT! I love the glass of wine while you make the sandwich and the part about not letting Barrett play with dry cleaning bags. Hilarious!

Meredith said...

Mmmm, you're so glam. Love it.

John and Sarah said...

Y'all are funny people! That is just hilarious.

The Redman Family said...

You guys are hilarious! I love it!

Amanda & Brian said...

I'm craving a Barrett update! Any new words maybe?