Monday, September 14, 2009

Barrett Update

I saw Aunt Mandy's request for an update, and realized that I haven't shared anything about our little guy in quite some time. He is a BIG talker, saying TONS of words:

Mommy (enunciated clearly, adorable, and of course my favorite), Daddy, Charlie, Elmo, dog, door, dance, bark, ball, bus, bird, books, blocks, bubbles, bees, bear, bug, duck, mess, banana, toys, truck, toes, car, mouse, cat, dog, cows are called "boo" for moo, "baa" for sheep, "roar" for lion, pool, shoes, cheese, house, paci, pig, plane, puzzle, no (of course), bye, and Hi (which he uses correctly to greet just about anyone he encounters). We also have the Little People Noah's Ark set, and he knows "Noah" - adorable. I'm sure there are a few others, but these are the ones I can remember right now.

He can identify his ears, nose, arms, toes, and belly button. Speaking of ears...we're going to be taking our first plane trip with Barrett to visit Grandma and Grandpa Wood in New Jersey in just a couple weeks; we want him to be able to watch a video on the plane, so we've been practicing with our earphones. He loves it - they're falling down a little in this picture, but you get the idea. DJ BMW?

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

i love barrett updates! BUT i am formally requesting more pictures.

Amanda & Brian said...

Yay, for my darling nephew! What a smarty pants!!!!!!!!! Please send video if you get a chance. I miss him to pieces. Kisses, Barrett, from your Aunt Mandy! Have fun on the plane and in NJ. I know Grandma & Grandpa Wood have some big fun planned for you. :)

Your cousin will be so jealous of your nifty DVD player. He would have one for his trip too, but your aunt is afraid he would smack it too hard and break it. lol

Mary Ellen Wood said...

Wow, good for you, Barrett! I can't wait to talk to you!! It will be so much fun to have that happy little face around this house for a little while. Thanks for coming and bringing Mom and Dad, too!

I agree with Kathryn. I always love Barrett pictures.