Monday, June 14, 2010

2nd Birthday

Barrett turned 2 years old last Thursday! On his actual birthday, my mom came into town and took us to the Dallas Aquarium - it was pretty packed, but much neater than I expected and certainly a hit with Barrett.
On Saturday we had a little party for him with my family. My parents and Ryan and his family came down to help us celebrate
Barrett is obsessed with alligators (thanks Grandma Wood for all the great alligator presents!!), so I decided to try my hand at an alligator cake for him this year. It was my first time working with fondant, so I was a little nervous, but I was really pleased with how well it turned out.
Happy Birthday buddy!!

7 comments:

Aggie said...

Whoa! nicely done, Angie. Rarely do i get excited about baked goods, but that's seriously awesome.

John and Sarah said...

Are you kidding me?! "It was my first time working with fondant, so I was a little nervous, but I was really pleased with how well it turned out. " How about. "I am a freaking awesome cake maker. You should all start hiring me to make your kids birthday cakes!"

Mary Ellen Wood said...

Wow, Angie! I think the other two comments pretty much say it all--well done.

Little Lamb said...

OMG, Angie, that's AWESOME. Amazing job, friend. AND, happy
2nd Birthday to my favorite little boy.

Elyse said...

Happy Birthday Barrett! Angie...you are always amazing!

Matt and Angie Wood said...

Thanks yall!!

Ashleigh Carroll said...

NICE WORK CAKE MASTER!!! That's not easy!!!