Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Post That No One But Me Will Care About...

Tonight, I am saddened. The Eagles lost their opening playoff game for the first time in the Reid/McNabb era. To top it off, the loss came to the Dallas Cowboys (a team I hate).

In the closing minutes of the game, I started to feel a sense of a nostalgia for Donovan McNabb and Brian Westbrook. Most likely, they will be let go in the off season. The youth movement for the Eagles will prevail. Now, with all the young studs they have on their lineup, the transition should be smooth and the Eagles will most likely continue their winning ways. However, McNabb and Westbrook have been familiar faces to me over the past decade. I will miss them very much.

It's a time of change. Last year it was Brian Dawkins, now it's McNabb and Westbrook, and Sheldon Brown will soon follow.

Silly, I know, but I love my Eagles.

1 comment:

Amanda & Brian said...

I watched both of the Eagles/Cowboys games. I really felt for you Matt! I was cheering them on, truly I was! I'm sorry...especially that they were both such hard losses. :( If only you could clone a young Randall Cunningham.