Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Don't Mess With McCain

After spending some time today reading one of my favorite "blogs", The Caucus: The New York Times Politics Blog, I've come to the conclusion that it's not in anyone's best interest to insult John McCain....

From McCain's speech at his former high school...

“I was always the new kid, and was accustomed to proving myself quickly at each new school as someone not to be challenged lightly. As a young man, I would respond aggressively and sometimes irresponsibly to anyone whom I perceived to have questioned my sense of honor and self-respect. Those responses often got me in a fair amount of trouble earlier in life. In all candor, as an adult I’ve been known to forget occasionally the discretion expected of a person of my years and station when I believe I’ve been accorded a lack of respect I did not deserve."

From David Letterman's recent monologue (about John McCain prior to McCain guesting on the show)...

“He looks like the guy at the hardware store who makes the keys. He looks like the guy who can’t stop talking about how well his tomatoes are doing. He looks like the guy who goes into town for turpentine. He looks like the guy who always has wiry hair growing out of new places. He looks like the guy who points out the spots they missed at the car wash.’’

Now, how well do you think McCain took these jabs?

I reach one conclusion from these excerpts:

I'm sure McCain was a good sport while the tape was rolling, but i guarantee he tried to rip Letterman's throat out backstage.

-Matt

6 comments:

TB said...

john mccain v. kelsey grammer?

Anonymous said...

great matchup. both are bloodthirsty s.o.b's. slight edge to Kelsey Grammer though. Kelsey Grammer is almost more animal than man. He can't reason between right and wrong - he just wants to kill.

Anonymous said...

Don't you say it, Ricky.

These colors don't run.

Anonymous said...

it was in the script. McCain later came out and had similar jokes for Letterman.

Anonymous said...

thanks for pointing that out, anonymous.

Anonymous said...

See first comment, "Obama" post.